Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Lake family


Fall is a beautiful time of year with its rich and vibrant colors.  Even though winter is just around the corner, fall's beauty surrounds us every day as leaves change colors before our eyes and become forest jewels.  Saturday was no exception and I couldn't have asked for a more glorious day.  It was warm and sunny and I met up with a family at the ever beautiful, Manuel's river. 

Hurricane Igor, unfortunately, did a fair share of damage to the lower trail but the upper trail was in pretty good condition.  We came across some fallen trees but it was not damaged too badly.

I met up with Chris, his wife and children to take some photos.  My husband and Chris work together and although I hadn't met him, I heard lots about him!   This great family were so sweet, I immediately found myself at ease with the whole gang!!  We had a lot of fun and had a great nature walk as well.  I had never been to the end of the trail and it was a treat!!  If you ever get a chance you should definitely check it out. 

When I look through some of these photos it reminds me of the story Hansel and Gretel as the children make they way through the forest to find the cottage made of sugary treats.

So, the day was a great success and I made some new friends, which is always a bonus!!  
















3 comments:

Charmaine Poulin said...

Oh so beautiful!!!!! Great job!

Amy said...

OH Annette, these are super and I totally get the Hansel and Gretel reference! The flare in the last one is fantastic with that pink color! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Annette, I loved all of the pictures but the last one really stands out. Beautiful picture that this brother & sister will always love.

Ger