Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Brother Chad

As many of you get ready to celebrate Father's day this weekend so do I.  It's a special day for both my husband and my dad. But June 20th is also a special day because it is my brother Chad's birthday.  Chad was diagnosed with epilepsy when he was about 3 years old.  He was a beautiful, busy and sweet little boy and grew to be a handsome, caring and wonderful young man.  He struggled at times with epilepsy through those years.  However, Chad's journey was not a long one.  Six and 1/2 years ago after 23 years of dealing with epilepsy, his journey ended. He passed away from complications due to a seizure on December 20th, 2003.  He was 26 years old. Chad would be 33 on Sunday and each year I wonder where his life would have taken him.  Would he have had children of his own, would he live close by, would he be coming over for Sunday dinner, where would he be working?  All these things I wonder about.  All these things many people take for granted.  Sometimes I just talk out loud to him and sometimes I see some young man walking down the road and for some reason he reminds me of Chad. He was my only sibling.  Losing a loved one is nearly unbearable but we go on and learn to cope as best we can without them.  So, I am missing and remembering my handsome bro on his birthday and I wanted to share a lovely photo taken by my cousin Renee about 7 or so years ago.  Miss you Chad xoxo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a loving and touching tribute to Chad, Annette!! He will never be forgotten.


A.Arlene

Anonymous said...

Love what you wrote, so glad you added him to your blog. I always loved this picture. he looks exactly as I see him in my mind. That was one of a group of the last pictures taken of him. xoxox love you chad
Love your blog Annette. Love Mom